Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Semi-Homemade Valentines



When Red was sick, she wasn't well enough to go to school, but wasn't sick enough to stay in bed.  I had been to Joann on one of her sick days and I found these heart cards in the $1 bin.  You got eight cards for $1.  There were some Valentine's Day rubber stamps in the dollar bin too.  I ended up buying her three packs of cards, 4 rubber stamps, 3 stamp pads, and a couple packages of glitter glue to help her entertain herself.  They did the job! The photos above were taken by Red herself of her finished Valentines that she made for her classmates.

Here's the results of a another Joann purchase.  I made this winter/Valentine's Day wreath from stuff I found in their 90% off Christmas area.  Believe it or not, it cost me less than $2 to make.  It was Red's idea to make the berries into a heart that would float in the middle.


We are on vacation for a week beginning tomorrow so I'll be back with some fun in the sun (I hope it's sunny) photos next week!


No comments: