Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The quilt is DONE!

After two years of fighting with it, the quilt for my nephew Finn is done!  It may not look like much, but I feel pretty triumphant.  I screwed up when initially piecing it so that the seam allowances were too big on some of the blocks, which pretty much made it impossible for them to fit together with the other blocks.  I would work on it for a while, get frustrated, and give up over and over and over.  I thought that thing was going to rot in my craft closet forever.  I wish I would have known 2 years ago that all it would take is me just deciding to finish it.  Here are some photos of the final product:

Me holding it up in the office---victory is mine!!!
Pumpkin can't resist sitting on it.
Alone in its glory :-)
One unfinished project done---a million to go!  Okay, not a million, but it feels like a million.  What should I work on next?  Scrapbooking or more sewing?

In health news, I bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred based on the recommendation a couple of ladies over at the Well Trained Mind forums.  The result ---> this morning I had my ass handed to me.  I couldn't even make it through the whole thing.  I mean I made it through the whole thing, but I didn't do every single rep because I couldn't keep up.  And Jillian's damn back up aerobicizers Anita and Natalie were smiling (yes, SMILING) throughout the entire thing.  I'm going to try to get up and do it again tomorrow.  The second day is always the hardest.  You're probably wondering why I didn't go to the gym.  I want to wait to do any major working out over there until I get my training on the equipment on the 20th.  In the meantime, I have Jillian to give me the beat down right in my own home.

No comments: