Sunday, January 9, 2011

I needed to read this and maybe you do too

I have a tendency to be unable to say no.  I admit it --- I get excited at the prospect of holding church officership, chairing fundraisers, and planning parties.  I like being thanked when it's over and being respected for  sharing my time.  What I don't like is that sense of obligation that I feel when someone asks me to do something that I don't feel passionate about.  The voice inside me says, "Say no, say no, SAY NO!!!!" and suddenly out of my mouth pops, "Sure, I'd love to help you with X."  ARGGGHHHHH!!!!  Why do I keep doing this to myself?!?!?  I need to start taking on projects on my own terms, and not out of any sense of obligation.

Read this blog entry.  Expresses my thoughts on the direction I want to go in exactly.

1 comment:

Carri said...

Well, from what I see you seem to be doing a good job. At least you always look like you are on top of things. However, I do know what you mean. I had to learn the hard way what my limits are, not what I thought they were. It's a hard thing to face.