Thursday, January 12, 2012

Total Mom Makeover: Week 1, Day 4

Today's post is just going to be a quickie because I have to rush off to run my children around for evening activities.  Mondays and Thursdays always seem to be crazy!  One of today's Total Mom Makeover assignments were to get yourself a calendar or day planner if you don't already have one.  I no longer use a day planner (I've let my trusty Palm Pilot leftover from my corporate days collect dust for nearly eight years), but I've always been a huge fan of this calendar.  It's all date squares and no pictures.  So while it's not the most exciting in the world, it is surely one of the most useful.


The other assignment was to take your four vision categories --- Home, Health, Family and Life--- and write an action statement for each of them.  Here are mine:


Home - Spend 15 minutes each day getting rid of things I no longer use or need.
Health - Continue exercising three times each week and look for more tasty healthy meal recipes.
Family - Deliberately teach each child something each day.  It doesn't necessarily have to be something new or earth shattering. Today I got Tom Thumb to put his shoes on by himself...over the course of 20 minutes.  Sigh...
Life - Write a little bit each day.


None of these is major, but I don't think they have to be.  I just want to make some tangible progress each day.


On a completely separate note, I finished reading The Night Circus this afternoon while Tom Thumb was napping.  I'm seriously in love with that book.  I'm so in love with it I think I want to read it again right now.  No, I'm not kidding.  Watch for my review over the next few days...

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Are you finding Total Mom Makeover helpful and useable? Looks interesting.

I enjoyed your post about the Night Circus, too; I'll have to see if our library has it.