Friday, October 7, 2011

Yo! Math Raps, Singing and Beat Boxing

Red told me today that singing her math, or in this case rapping it, helps her do her work.  She also said her teacher doesn't allow her to do it in class (surprise) so I suggested that she do it in her head today while taking her math test.  Her kindergarten teacher last year told me Red sang while doing all her work.  I guess that's more acceptable in a class of 3, 4 and 5 year olds than first and second graders.


Singing your math---a new technique for everyone to try!  Ha ha! :-)

1 comment:

find my blog said...

I can see how her singing in class (with a room full of children) might be distracting....

However, when I was getting licensed to teach Kindermusik, I observed how music can greatly increase test scores (not just math). Many teachers play music during work times, or tests. My dad used to play his accordion to get kids to learn dates for history.

Hurray for Red! She has my heart on this one!