Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's nice to be well!

After having the stomach flu 3 non-consecutive days over the last three weeks, I think I'm finally well.  I HOPE I'm finally well.  I'm just so relieved that nobody else got it. 

Today, I'm just tired.  Kids were up early.  We made the long trek to meet up with our homeschooling group because I knew the kids be at each other all day with how grey and dreary it is outside.  I managed to launch nachos all over the front seat of the car on the way home.  I know, I know.  I shouldn't try to eat and drive at the same time.  It has just been one of those kind of days.  And I'm tired now.

I just realized that if we used a 5 day plan for doing the lessons in OPGTR, we'll be finished in 37 weeks or so.  That seems like a really long time.  Not like I'm trying to rush it.  Maybe I should not have tried to think about the long term on a day I'm wiped out. 

I can see now why sticking with a curriculum is so hard in homeschooling circles.  Someone else you know always has something that's better or cooler or more creative.  In speaking with Calesta today in group, I felt that way.  She is always so excited about something new.  Then that gets me excited.  I'm just way too excitable --- ha ha.

Hopefully, I'll have my math curriculum in my hot little hands sometime next week and I'll have something new and interesting to post about.

No comments: