Thursday, May 6, 2010

And we press on...

I continue to be ill on and off.  I've been poked and prodded by doctors and will be poked and prodded more over the next week.  It has made "doing school" more difficult.  Not to mention, Red has been pushing back on the 15 minutes of reading and 15 minutes of math instruction we've doing on a daily or every other day basis.  I'm trying to decide right now whether to back off (she is pretty young still and I wasn't planning on doing formal lessons until she was 6 anyway) or forge ahead armed with stickers and M&Ms to entice her to do it.  The temporarily abandoning ship plan and starting summer early is looking more and more appealing as my illness goes on.  We'll see how it goes. One area that is going great is reading aloud.  She will listen to involved chapter books (e.g. we just finished Through the Looking Glass!) with no problem  We just started The Tale of Despereaux and she begged for one more chapter TWICE.  I posted to the Well Trained Mind forum an S.O.S. on what to do.  I'm hoping to get some opinions that will help me decide our next steps.

No comments: