Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Preschool Read Aloud of the Week: The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog

Tom Thumb is in love with the Pigeon!  A while back we read Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! and it started a phenomenon.  Thereafter, every time we went to the library we had to "find the Pigeon books!" (imagine that said in a crazy commanding baby man voice).  I can't tell you how many times we've now checked out Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, The Pigeon Wants a Puppy, and The Pigeon Finds A Hot Dog, but there's something about the hot dog one that resonates with Tom Thumb.  Maybe it's because he likes hot dogs.  Maybe he likes the squeaky voice I use for the duckling.  All I know is he loves that Pigeon!  


And here's why I love that Pigeon---
No matter how many ways he asks to drive that bus, I still stand firm. It doesn't work out quite the same way with real children, but I can always practice saying no to the Pigeon. :-)

No comments: