Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back from the Engine Show!

Even though I was under the weather (why did I get a cold in the summer???), we went up to northern Michigan to attend the Buckley Old Engine Show.  The kids and the Cobbler had a blast with my Dad and my older sister's family riding the train and checking out all the tractors last Friday.  The men decided they didn't get enough on Friday so they went back for round #2 on Saturday, while my mother and I took the kids to an art fair.  We followed that up with a trip to the Dune Climb at Sleeping Bear Dunes.  There was a huge church camp group there the same time we were and they all decided to run down the dune together.  I had never seen anything like it!  Notice the people rolling down!
We did our tour of duty climbing the dunes too and the kids had a blast rolling and somersaulting down the dunes.  Here's me and my Daddy:
 The Cobbler and Tom Thumb
 Red in the tall grass
 Tom Thumb got tired of rolling.
It was nice to get some final rest and relaxation in before school starts in two weeks.  


In the meantime, I have my million bazillion projects that I have to finish:
1. Tom Thumb's airplane quilt.  His 4th birthday comes in for a landing on September 8th and I need to get a move on with that baby.
2. Christy's veil.  Yes, I'm a whack job and will be making my sister's veil for her wedding.  She and her fiance will be in town to get their marriage license over Labor Day weekend and I need to have it done for then.  Must sew.  Must sew.
3. Red's Model T dress.  Red finally outgrew her vintage looking dress that she wears when we tour in our Model T.  Have to have that one done for a 2nd weekend in September car festival.

4. Altering Tom Thumb's tux - I got his tuxedo for the wedding in the mail today (found an absolutely AMAZING deal on eBay) and I need to make adjustments to the shoulders of the jacket.  I curse you set in sleeves.  He does look pretty darn cute though.  

What are you doing with the rest of your summer?

1 comment:

The Reader said...

I also have lots of sewing projects waiting on my attention. Get the borders done and on the red white & blue quilt. Get the setting triangles onto the diary quilt squares so I can have on-point blocks yet straight set focal points. Miscellaneous other stuff.

We've already started school, though, so that's going full swing as well. Today am rearranging, again, as we got a box of school supplies and my sewing things are taking too much bookshelf space....