Sunday, December 19, 2010

An interesting place to be...

A lot has happened over the last month.  Red has suddenly shown lots of interest in doing school related things --- playing Rightstart math games (she loves Go to the Dump), doing reading lessons (we just finished lesson 122), and reading aloud to me.  It's a whole new world of cooperation and I'm loving it.

School is going well.  Red is concerned already about going to first grade next year.  I told her that we'll cross that bridge when we come to it and not to worry herself. 

I'm in preparations for Christmas.  While I'm done with buying gifts, I still have to wrap every single thing I've purchased.  *sigh*

For your amusement and entertainment, here are my friend Maureen and I with the 20 "gingerbread" houses we made from graham crackers for Red's class holiday party.  I was expecting about 2 hours of work and it became a 6 hour tour.  Never again!
Red and Tom Thumb with Santa
Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Mom in High Heels said...

Holy cow! You did a ton of work on those houses! You're far more patient than I am. I'll bet the kids loved them.